Your purpose in life is to find your purpose
and give your whole heart and soul to it
Clarifying your life purpose isn’t as hard as most of us think it is!
Getting clear on what’s most important to you and why, can lay a solid foundation for purpose-full intentions you can give your whole heart and soul to.
This article provides a way to begin aligning your thoughts, words and actions with your purpose-full intentions.
What inspires you? Why?
We’ll start by using the Clarifying Your Life Purpose Worksheet to increase awareness of what’s most important to you and why.
- First, describe your current roles in life. Is anything missing?
- Next, make a list of what you believe would be ideal outcomes in your life. When you are done, slowly read each item on the list and notice your feelings. Identify the 3 items that result in the strongest emotions.
- Now, make a list of the challenges you believe are holding you back from having the outcomes you want in life. What support is available to help you overcome challenges and self-limiting beliefs?
Based on the insights gained from the steps above, use the Clarifying Your Life Purpose Worksheet to describe your purpose-full intentions.
- The first step in the worksheet asks you to clarify the outcomes you want in the most important areas of your life.
- The second step asks you to identify the values you want to guide your behaviors.
- The third step asks you to identify the commitments you could make to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Then, the items are combined to create a statement of purpose.
Once you have set your intentions for who/where you want to be, use this Personal Assessment Worksheet 1 to confirm where you currently are.
I invite you to consider Coaching as an option to help fill the gap between where you currently are and where you want to be.