“Your purpose in life is to find your purpose
and give your whole heart and soul to it”.
Clarifying your life purpose isn’t as hard as most of us think it is!
Getting clear on what’s most important to you and why, can lay a solid foundation for purpose-full intentions you can give your whole heart and soul to.
This article and the accompanying worksheet takes you through a process that creates a statement summarizing your desired outcomes in important areas, the values you want to guide your behaviors, and what you are committed to doing to achieve your desired outcomes.
What inspires you? Why?
We’ll start by using the Clarifying Your Life Purpose Worksheet to increase awareness of what’s most important to you and why.
- First, describe your current and desired future roles.
- Next, describe what you believe would be ideal outcomes in important roles.
- Then, assess your current level of satisfaction in all important areas of your life.
Based on the insights gained from the steps above, use the Clarifying Your Life Purpose Worksheet to describe your purpose-full intentions.
- First, state your intentions for what is most important to you.
- Second, state your intentions for the values you want to guide your behaviors.
- Third, state what you are committed to doing to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Then, combine these items to create a statement of purpose.
I invite you to consider Coaching as an option to help fill the gap between where you currently are and where you want to be.